Sunday, April 27, 2014

Slight Change in Plans

Since so many of you have shown your support with words of encouragement and following us on our journey, I wanted to let you know there has been a slight change in plans for our Superman. In 9 days, Alexander will be going into the catherization lab. His procedure was moved up a week because of insurance needing approval, in which case his cardiologist was fine with moving it up a week. So May 6th is the day. The emotional stressful day. As of now, a stent will be placed in his ASD. If plans change, we won't know until we get closer to the date. We are really trying to minimize his germ exposure to keep him strong and healthy, therefore, Alexander is in quarantine until then.  However, we've been on a few walks and had lots of snuggles!

To make things a little more hectic around here, I have managed to lose my drivers license! Being the overly prepared mommy, I always take my license, my insurance card and Alexander's insurance card with me on one of our walks. At some point during one of our walks, it some how fell out of the stroller. Since we are keeping Alexander away from germs, the last place I want to take him is the DMV. So when I tried to set up an appointment to get a new license (because of course they can't have this option online), the earliest is May 8th! Obviously that isn't going to work out. So, thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law, I will be going to the DMV on Wednesday to stand in line and wait, for who knows how long, to get a new license. BLAH! Hopefully it won't be as painful as I'm imagining it to be.

Thank you all for the words of encouragement to stay strong, for the prayers being sent our way that Alexander stays strong and rocks his upcoming procedure, and for those of you that have been checking in on me, to see how I'm doing, I THANK YOU! Please continue to pray for our Superman and I will continue to keep you updated on what's going on! <3





2 comments:

  1. Positive thoughts for your little superman!! We go to see the neurologist the same day, so I will be thinking of you and your anxiety to help deal with my own! Love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be thinking good thoughts,sending positive energy and keeping you in our prayers...and yes, you have a wonderful mother-in-law! :-)

    ReplyDelete