Wednesday, February 20, 2013

9 Days Old & another hurdle to get over...

Update for today...Alexander is still improving! As of this afternoon, he is off all of his heart medication and they have changed his medication and pain killers to a lower level/type of medication. His respiratory support is being reduced: training his lungs and diaphragm to adjust to breathing on his own. The discussion of having a pace maker put in is looking to be more real and should be scheduled for either tomorrow or Friday. The doctors don't expect Alexander to have much of a set back and recovery should progress as it has been. His resperator will stay in for today and not be taken out until after surgery. Once it's been removed, I will FINALLY be able to hold him!

 We met with the electrophysiology case manager for information on what Alexander's life will look like once he has the pace maker. There was a lot of information given to us and not something I was ready to prepare myself for or accept. But it's a just another hurdle we must get over before taking our baby boy home. On a positive note, he FINALLY got some breast milk today! That made this mommy very happy!! I've been a pumping machine and to hear that my boy will finally get to eat (even if it is through a feeding tube), made me very happy! 

Praying for another positive day tomorrow...

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that things are going smoothly with his procedures.. I'm proud of you for keeping up with the pumping.... The breast milk will definitely plump up t the lil king... Looking forward to seeing you guys soon... I'm keeping you all in my thoughts. ") <3 xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see you tomorrow Alexander, hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you, Wes and especially Alexander. When you can, please give him a hug from his Aunt Toni!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I possibly be any farther away! UGH! Thanks for all the updates. So happy things are going as they should all things considered. I miss you all and I am send love and support!

    Hugs!

    Auntie ~M

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jess! I am so sorry you all have to go through these struggles, but so glad to hear he is doing so well. Pumping is really hard, Congrats for sticking with it. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome to hear the wonderful news of healing!! I am continuing to pray for healing and strength for Baby Alex and for you two as parents going through this emotional roller coaster! Yay for Breast milk! and diaper changes! Keep it up Baby Alex you have a ton of cheerleaders on your side!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you lots of love and prayers. So proud of you and Wes, you are amazing parents. Keep fighting Alex, Mommy and Daddy can't wait to take you home. All my love, Tere.

    ReplyDelete