Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Thanksgiving and a new HEART

It's a been a little bit of time and I was actually going to write a blog update this weekend. Plans changed. 10 days ago,  Alexander was discharged from the hospital (the Friday before Thanksgiving). He's been looking great, had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and returned back to school and therapy this week. He was super happy to get back in our "normal" routine, as was I. While Alexander was in the hospital, he was bumped up from a status 2 to a status 1B. This means he's not critical that he needs to stay in the hospital, but that he will need a new heart sooner than later.

12:10 pm today, we got the phone call! A new heart had become available for Alexander! We arrived to CHLA at 2 pm and have been waiting (apparently the waiting is worst). He is tentatively scheduled for surgery around 4 am tomorrow and surgery could take anywhere from 5-7 hours. There has been a lot of blood draws and tear from our superman. He is already on immunosuppressant medications to help with his body not rejecting the new heart and currently sleeping peacefully. Tomorrow will be filled with ups and downs. I'm an emotional roller coaster right now, as I just don't know what kind of emotion I should feel. I'm guessing tomorrow will probably be about the same. So I ask for lots of positive thoughts and prayers that the surgery goes smoothly, and that our strong, brave, Superman does great! <3

Here are a few pictures from Halloween & Thanksgiving!!












1 comment:

  1. I can say a prayer for him in the Temple here in Guatemala. I am from Burbank, California but volunteer at this Temple on Saturday´s. I have done special prayers for friends and family members of friends who are sick. The outcomes are amazing and it is because of HIM. I say these special prayers for HE does listen and will offer a loving hand whenever one is needsed. Just faith alone aqnd heart filled prayer can overcome anything in this life. I will say a prayer but need his full name. I know it is Alexander Alleman, but what is his middle named? My name is James Pieratt and you can send me a message on facebook at that name.

    ReplyDelete