Friday, February 8, 2013

Last appointment at 38 weeks and 3 days


We had our last doctors appointment today! Alexander is estimated to weigh 7 pounds and 5 ounces! We will find out Tuesday how close of an estimate the doctor was! As I said, Tuesday we find out, which means he is still in a breech position! So, the plan for Tuesday is that I will be checking in at 5:30 am at Hollywood Presbyterian Hospital and the C-section is scheduled for 7:30 am. Once he is delivered, he will be taken to the NICU for a few hours to make sure he's doing okay. Wes will only be able to bring in one visitor at a time. While Alexander is in the NICU, I will be in recovery for 2-3 hours, with no visitors except Wes. From there, I will be moved to the postpartum room, where I can have as many visitors as I want! While I am being moved to my new room, Alex will be transported by ambulance to CHLA (which is next door to HP) and Wes will be with him. At CHLA, he will be taken to ICU until his scheduled surgery for February 14th. Wes will then be going back and forth, from Alexander to visiting me. Luckily there is a hallway that makes it easier to get between both hospitals and that I have loving, supportive family that will stay with me or Alex, when Wes can't be there! It is going to be a long day for all of us and we will try to keep everyone informed as much as possible! Keep us in your thoughts that the delivery goes well, that everything goes well for Alex, and that I have a speedy recovery so I can be discharged and see my boy before his big day!

1 comment: