Monday, July 15, 2013

Not ready for this week, but...

Look  who is 5 months old and has found their feet!

Daddy & I reading before bed!


Why is it when baby sleeps, I can't sleep? But when I want to sleep, baby doesn't!? Probably because my mind is racing a mile a minute thinking and worrying about what is to come!










I love these new "toys"!
Okay, update!..Last week physical therapy (PT) and
early intervention (EI) started. I got some great ideas from his PT but not sure how I feel about his Early Interventionist. Not only did she show up late, she also seemed to take the information I told her regarding his skill deficits and not assess him herself. In addition, she was asking questions regarding skills he obviously couldn't do, which means she didn't read the inital report prior to coming!  We will see how it goes with her once we come home and resume services.  I foresee the Behavior Analyst in me coming out! Alexander will also be fitted for his helmet once after his hospital stay. There are lots of things to occur once we come back home, so lets hope for a quick recovery!





Our fourth of July was nice! We stayed home and watched fireworks while Alex slept. :) We've also been getting into a bedtime routine that seems to get better each night (which will be trown out the window starting tomorrow). His oxygen saturations still look good, ranging from 79-81 and he weighs 11 lb 4 oz!!
Tomorrow. Tomorrow is the beginning of an emotional week and I'm not sure how I'm feeling about it. I haven't gotten the phone call regarding pre-op information, which  could be why I'm an emotional mess one minute and  next I'm not- because it's just not "real" yet. I should be receiving that call later today. 

If you want to help Alexander out, donating blood is one way. Because it is an open heart surgery, he may require a blood transfusion. You can read more about donating blood at CHLA Donate Blood


If you can't donate blood, prayers and positive thoughts are needed too. We are praying that Alex does well with his procedure, as well as, the pre and post operations. We are also praying we get a room at the Ronald McDonald house again. As of now, there are no rooms, so I must call each day, in hope there is one.


As I did in the beginning of this HLHS journey, I will post updates everyday (or try to)! Thanks for following on our Superman's journey!


2 comments:

  1. Mommy' feet!!!!!!

    Stay strong Alex - everyone is cheering for you!!!!
    GAA and GUN.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! My name is Taylor and I came across your blog recently. My son also has a single ventricle (he is double inlet left) and will have the Glenn in late October. I am also a behavior analyst! I bet there aren't just a ton of single ventricle mommies who are also behavior analysts! Small world! taylor@integratedbehaviorsolutions.com

    ReplyDelete