Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day & 15 months!

So it has been a little over a week since Alexander caught the stomach bug and it looks like he is FINALLY in the clear of it! It has taken 3 visits to the pediatrician and 2 visits to CHLA, to continuously make sure he was staying hydrated, while ourlaundry pile just kept growing.

The beginning of the week was hectic for us; Alexander was still sick, Wes wasn't feeling well for about a day and my allergies began to attack me. (I'm blaming it on the winds and constant weather change!) 'hiowever, the allergies have now appeared to look more like a cold. So on this Mother's day I am fighting a cold and trying to keep my distance from Alexander (him catching my cold is the LAST thing we need).

Anyways, this past Wednesday Alexander managed to stumble and bang his head on the wood flooring  leaving a nice bruise. The following night, he bumped his head again, luckily not in the same spot and luckily not another bruise.  My little superman just couldn't catch a break

On Wednesday, CHLA told his new Cath date was going to be that Friday. Obviously that didn't happen, but we made another trip to CHLA on Thursday to have Alexander assessed to see if he was okay for Friday. The nurse practitioner assessed him and said he looked good but anesthesia requested that Alexander be 100% better (which he was not then). This  information was fine with me because Alexander'st track record of coming out of anesthesia isn't great, so I'm all for listening to them! So his new date is May 28th. Two more weeks of having Alexander in quarantine. I hate CHD! I will always say it  because of how it deprives Alexander of the things he's missing out on and the constant catching up he will always have to do. I hate that i cant take him to the park or kids festivals. But it's only 2 weeks. Probably better seeing as it is suppose to be HOT this week... Oh, and almost  forgot to mention that with the many days of vomiting, we are back to square one of feeding Alexander solids! He gags at the smallest thing in his mouth!  Just Fabulous! <insert sarcasm>

2014- Mother's Day (15 months)
2013-Mother's Day (3 months)
BUT, Given everything that has happened over the the past week, I'm just GRATEFUL that Alexander is finally feeling better and that I get to spend today with him and at home, instead of a hospital! I hope all you mommy's have a wonderful day and I thank you for following us along on our journey! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment