Thursday, May 22, 2014

Is it June yet?


One week. We have a little less than one week. Next Wednesday, we will be at CHLA handing our Superman over to his cardiologist for her to (hopefully) successfully clean up the scar tissue that has formed around his ASD in the cath lab. I'm ready to be on the other side of this procedure. I hate thinking about what Alexander will have to go through. The recovery process, the pain, the waking up to find a tube in your throat and unable to move. I hate thinking about the pain meds he might be on and the lines he'll be hooked up too. And I REALLY hate thinking about the what ifs! Blah. Can it just be June already??

Alexander has been doing so much better now that we are over the stomach bug. He's finally back to his old self, beginning to consume solids better, and hit a growth spurt yesterday! He's constantly eating! :)

Once all of us are past this procedure, I'm planning to teach Alexander to begin drinking more often out of a cup and elminate his bottle usage, as we have begun weaning him from breastmilk (yes, he is still on breast milk). In addition, we will begin teaching him to fall asleep on his own. We are close to having fall asleep on his own now, however, we know that the sleeping routine is going to get screwed up with the hospital stay; actually many things are going to get screwed up. He will have a few set backs. AGAIN I ask, can it be June already!?

Alexander is continuing to increase his endurance with crawling up the stairs (not requiring so many breaks), he's learning to point, and has learned 12 signs: daddy, more, all done, milk, cracker, water, cereal, fish, book, eat, drink, and open. He's currently learning please. :)
Alexander has also received a speech assessment and we are now waiting for the authorization to come in so that we can begin speech therapy. Once again I ask- is it June yet??

As much as I'd LOVE to go out of town this weekend and check out the Memorial Day festivities, I will not be; and we didn't last year either. Last year we were in quarantine because we were inter-stage (between the two major surgeries) and this year we have his cath. Do I care? No! I'm glad to have him with me and will be enjoying the relaxation this weekend with Alex and his daddy. Maybe next year we can go out of town. :)


I will try to update as the day gets closer of what the procedure will look like. I'm sure it will consist of a very LONG day at the hospital. Thanks for following along, keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming. More than ever now! <3




Have a great holiday weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment