Saturday, March 2, 2013

The wait continues...

 Alexander had a good night last night and woke up when we arrived this morning! I got the chance to work on feeding this morning. He seemed to latch on occasionally and was very comfortable with being in mommy's arms. He even stayed awake for majority of the time too.  Hopefully my approach to breast feeding is correct and that I'm not taking a step backwards. Guess I'll find out on Monday when OT comes to reassess him.

Wes held Alexander during his second feeding, in which Alexander fell asleep and stayed asleep when Wes put him back into his crib (something he doesn't do with me...daddy's got the touch apparently).

 Alexander's agenda for today is to continue to be weaned off the oxygen and morphine, and increase his calorie intake by fortifying the breast milk. We are still on the "waiting list" to be moved to CV acute. We (Wes & I, doctors, and nurses) are just waiting for a room to be available and then we can go. Let's hope it's soon!

1 comment:

  1. I hope it's soon too. Keeping you guys in my thoughts.. Way to go Wes getting the baby to sleep in the crib and not in your arms, that will help alot at home. ;)

    ReplyDelete